A large ovenproof dish.
Olive oil - Enough to grease your pan.
Approx 12 - 18 sausages - Whatever you prefer.
8oz of plain flour.
1 pint of milk.
A good pinch of salt.
1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- First grill or oven bake your sausages (you can use vegetarian if you prefer) until golden brown. Once cooked, put to one side and save for later.
- Whilst your sausages are cooking, place the flour, eggs, milk, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Mix or blend well (I use a hand blender) until all the ingredients are combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Next heat your oil in an ovenproof dish. When hot remove from the heat and arrange your sausages to cover the whole pan.
- With the sausages arranged, it's time to pour your batter over the sausages, make sure to coat them all.
- Now place your uncovered dish in the centre of the oven (approx 220c) and bake until the batter is well risen and golden brown.
Remove from the oven and serve with your favourite vegetables and gravy.
I promise it's so good ...