Caraway Seed Cake
8oz of self raising flour.
1 teaspoon of baking powder.
6oz of soft butter or margarine.
6oz of caster sugar.
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
1/4 cup of caraway seeds.
A little milk - about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons.
- Grease and flour a rectangular cake tin (mine is silicone 20cm by 26cm and 4 1/2cm deep).
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the mixture until light and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and bake in the centre of the oven (160•c) until golden brown.
- Test with a cake skewer, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready. If not give it a few more minutes to bake and test again.
- When ready, place on a cooling rack to cool throughly. Cut into squares and serve.
I leave mine in the tin and cut using a plastic cake knife.
Serve as is, or with a little knob of butter. So yummy and so easy … :)